Apply - Azure Cloud Operations Engineer
Location: Naas, Co Kildare
You will be joining OpenSky at an exciting time of transformation as we work on improving the delivery of value for customers and the business. Working in the Technical Support and Operations (TSO) team within the Enterprise Support Services Division, you will be part of the team responsible for delivering business critical services that are used by our clients around the world as well as supporting our Development Teams.
Working as part of a small Cloud Governance team, you will be working closely with various support and development teams, supporting them with day-to-day issues as well on-going project work to secure and maintain our complex Azure environment.
This an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to further develop your skills and experience in an international working environment with:
- Latest Azure DevOps tools and technologies
- Mission critical solutions, many of national importance, for government departments and local
- authorities from Health, to Transport to Housing, and more...
- Room to Innovate using the Azure platform – involvement in research and innovation groups
- Learn from experienced colleagues in Azure, .NET, Power Platform
- Career development opportunities with company sponsored Training and certification programs
Responsible for:As a Cloud Platform Operations Engineer your main responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Provide support and expertise to troubleshoot issues on the Cloud Platform or hosted Workloads, escalating to other specialised teams as required.
- Day to day handling of the Cloud Ops activities, covering system administration, operations governance, and incident response
- Contribute to incident root cause analysis, with enough knowledge to lead discussions and drive tangible improvements
- Support application and infrastructure checks throughout their lifecycle across IaaS, PaaS, SaaS and container platforms
- Troubleshoot infrastructure related issues including performance
- Provide occasional out of hours on-call support for production and development environments
- Be the subject matter expert on infrastructure elements in the cloud. For example:
- Design, build and implement tools to aid observability, identification and resolution of incidents that occur on the cloud platform with a strong emphasis on reducing MTTR
- Provide backup and recovery support and guidance for cloud resources. This includes executing disaster recovery procedures to support disaster recovery testing
- Be a point of contact for key ITIL & ISO27001 processes that impact the Cloud Platform and hosted Workloads, providing and advice and guidance on how to implement the various requirements in a cloud-first way
- Be an active key contributor in our cloud governance function, working together to further secure and regularise our environments
Essential Skills:As a Cloud Platform Operations Engineer, your skills and qualifications will include:
- 5+ years' experience in Cloud engineering
- Experience of managing public/private cloud technologies in a large-scale enterprise environment.
- Hands on experience of supporting public cloud technologies (preferably Azure)
- Experience of working with the latest automation tools in a DevOps and Agile environment.
- Practical experience in deploying, managing, and troubleshooting IaaS/PaaS workloads
- Develop monitoring solutions for the cloud structure such as Nagios, Solar Winds or Zabbix.
- Have experience using PowerShell / Automation (or similar) to interact with Azure
- Strong abilities in IP Routing, DNS and Proxies
- Troubleshooting experience in virtual/ cloud infrastructures
- Proven experience of working within supplier-led service delivery models
- Proven ability to succeed in collaborative work environments using Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Advanced level knowledge of Azure or AWS with associated certifications
- Proficient in the automation of repeatable tasks using appropriate scripting.
- Relevant degree or diploma programme of study.
- Experience in automated testing supporting operational readiness checks.
What We Offer:
You will form part of a high-performance team, working together to deliver projects of national and
international importance changing the way large Business and Governments work.
- Competitive Salary – market adjusted
- Continuous Professional Development
- Education Assistance Programme
- Company Pension
- Incremental Increases in Annual Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Annual Health Screening
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Ethical Employer
- International working environment in a growing company
- Work with innovative technologies & solutions
- Personal development programmes
Why Join Our Team?
OpenSky is a dynamic, exciting place to work. We hire exceptional people, and every one of them is empowered to think independently, take initiative and be innovative in their job. We are committed to ensuring that our performance and reward strategies are designed to effectively
support our employees at every opportunity and offers an excellent work-life balance.
At OpenSky our employees enjoy the creative, agile and meaningful work they do, the resources and technology they have access to and the benefits we offer. The projects we work on make a real difference, and that’s what makes us distinct in our industry. This very factor means that our employees get to work with the latest and emerging technologies. We’ve built a truly unique culture here at OpenSky, where our employees are always learning, challenged with interesting projects and rewarded with fantastic benefits.
We attract talented individuals from a wide range of cultural, geographic and educational backgrounds whom bring with them a rich variety of skills and experiences. Our plan is simple; we hire the best people whom possess the skills, talent, expertise, experience and motivation that we require and when we find them, we help them grow, develop and achieve their goals. The values we share help us to thrive and succeed, both as individuals and as a team. If you share those values, you’ll fit right in!
Apply to OpenSky...
Some of Our Customers
We have transformed hundreds of large enterprise businesses in Ireland & the UK. Within transport, waste, housing, health and pharmaceuticals, our systems impact 2.5m people every day & manage 100m digital transactions every month.
Where We Work
We seek out customers who are as ambitious as us in using technology to make life easier. We provide customised automated solutions to them - bringing their business a multitide of operational & cost benefits.
Our Directors & Senior Management Team operate from our Head Office in Kildare, Ireland. Working together, they oversee our organisational strategy, brand, investments, innovations and priorities. Approximately 80% of our workforce, work from our Head Office.
Our International Offices are located in Poznan & Katowice in Poland and Karnataka in India. These teams comprise of technical experts who collaborate and code on projects every day and who are completely invested in seeing projects succeed.
Our Sector Success
Working with Enterprise organisations within Transport, Waste, Housing, Health, FMCG, Retail & Pharmaceuticals, we focus on the strategic use of technology to improve operational efficiencies and ROI as well as looking for ways to leverage solutions to create new revenue streams or enhance existing ones.