Apply - .NET Team Lead (Permanent)
Location: Katowice or Poznan, Poland
OpenSky is a European challenger brand to the large global software consultancies, delivering innovation across Government, Transport and Environment sectors in the UK and Ireland. We operate in Poland since 2009, working from two offices, in Katowice and Poznań and our headquarter is located in Naas, Ireland.
Due to business growth, we are now searching for an experienced Team Lead who understands business objectives and brings them to the team members, who understands the commercial objectives and who is able to align these with technical planning
We are a unique and creative organization who deliver technology expertise through a “business first” focus, properly applying technology excellence by understanding and matching our client’s business.
As the Development Team Lead you will be responsible for a large variety of tasks including:
- Understand the business objectives and bring these to the team members
- Understand the commercial objectives and align these with the technical planning
- Plan project/sprints with PM
- Run daily stand-up meetings
- Assign tasks to the Team
- Monitor progress of tasks
- Work within allocated development budget time
- Customer meetings where required
- Regular team performance reviews
- Effective time management of Team, communicating about resource availability/ lack of projects/tasks in the queue to the PM/IT Manager
- Input to resource plans with PMs, ownership of short-term resourcing with PMs and Practice Lead, assist with long term capacity planning
- Participating in the recruitment process
- Taking Ownership for the process and product in a Team, e.g. coordination with the support department
- Code development & design
- Retrospectives and other process related activities
- Reuse code where possible
- Suggest areas for technology improvement
- Follow internal guidelines for use of JIRA
- Ensure unit testing &code reviews are in place
- Responsible for high-quality releases to QA
- Release Notes to QA
- Suggest areas for process improvement
- Knowledge sharing within Teams and across the company (active participation in technical events/forums)
- Knowledge/documentation management on Confluence or any other suitable documentation store
- Mentor team members
- Report to PM regularly on dev status of project
- Highlight areas of concern to PM including identifying risks and issues
- Report to Practice Lead on a regular basis on Team status (technology/architecture/project/process/people, etc.)
- Experience - 3+ years on a similar position
- Strongly independent and with ownership
- Experience with developing larger-scale applications
- Ability to work across multiple projects when required
- Among others practical knowledge of the following technologies:
- C#: .NET, .NET Core, ASP.NET, WPF, WCF, WinForms,
- Message Queues (Azure Service Bus, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis, Oracle
- IIS, Azure, Docker
- Work experience as a part of a development team
- Team skills:
- Advanced verbal communication skills (in mother tongue but also in English)
- Advanced writing skills (in mother tongue but also in English - in terms of mail responses, tech documentation)
- Able to be part of Customer calls and express ideas, make technical presentations, explain technical decisions etc
- Mentor for younger colleagues
Nice to have:
- Experience in planning and developing System/Development Architecture
- Sprint by sprint solution architecture guidance to the Team
- Ability to implement architecture solutions within Front and Back End area
- Working experience in continuous integration, package/internal components/libraries management, Azure configuration and automatization
- Experience assisting with costing of solutions
You will form part of a high-performance team, working together to deliver projects of national and international importance changing the way large Business and Governments work.
- Competitive salary – market adjusted
- Continuous Professional Development
- Shared costs of sports activities (Multisport card)
- Shared costs of private medical care
- Life insurance
- Integration events
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Ethical Employer
- Friendly, fast paced atmosphere
- International working environment in a growing company
- Work with innovative technologies & solutions
- Personal development programs
Why Join Our Team?
OpenSky is a dynamic, exciting place to work. We hire exceptional people, and every one of them is empowered to think independently, take initiative and be innovative in their job. We are committed to ensuring that our performance and reward strategies are designed to effectively support our employees at every opportunity and offers an excellent work-life balance.
At OpenSky our employees enjoy the creative, agile and meaningful work they do, the resources and technology they have access to and the benefits we offer. The projects we work on make a real difference, and that’s what makes us distinct in our industry. This very factor means that our employees get to work with the latest and emerging technologies. We’ve built a truly unique culture here at OpenSky, where our employees are always learning, challenged with interesting projects and rewarded with fantastic benefits.
We attract talented individuals from a wide range of cultural, geographic and educational backgrounds whom bring with them a rich variety of skills and experiences. Our plan is simple; we hire the best people whom possess the skills, talent, expertise, experience and motivation that we require and when we find them, we help them grow, develop and achieve their goals. The values we share help us to thrive and succeed, both as individuals and as a team. If you share those values, you’ll fit right in!
Apply for This Vacancy...
Some of Our Customers
We have transformed hundreds of large enterprise businesses in Ireland & the UK. Within transport, waste, housing, health and pharmaceuticals, our systems impact 2.5m people every day & manage 100m digital transactions every month.
Where We Work
We seek out customers who are as ambitious as us in using technology to make life easier. We provide customised automated solutions to them - bringing their business a multitide of operational & cost benefits.
Our Directors & Senior Management Team operate from our Head Office in Kildare, Ireland. Working together, they oversee our organisational strategy, brand, investments, innovations and priorities. Approximately 80% of our workforce, work from our Head Office.
Our International Offices are located in Poznan & Katowice in Poland and Karnataka in India. These teams comprise of technical experts who collaborate and code on projects every day and who are completely invested in seeing projects succeed.
Our Sector Success
Working with Enterprise organisations within Transport, Waste, Housing, Health, FMCG, Retail & Pharmaceuticals, we focus on the strategic use of technology to improve operational efficiencies and ROI as well as looking for ways to leverage solutions to create new revenue streams or enhance existing ones.