Apply - QA Test Lead
Location: Naas, Co Kildare, Ireland
OpenSky a European challenger brand to the large global software consultancies, delivering innovation across Government, Transport, Environment and Health sectors in the Ireland and the UK.
Due to business growth, OpenSky has a new role for a QA Test Lead based in our Naas, Co Kildare headquarters on a permanent basis. This an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to utilise their skills and experience in an international working environment working with innovative technologies and solutions. You will form part of a high-performance team, working together to
deliver projects of national and international importance changing the way large Business and Governments work.
The QA Test Lead will utilise their experience to enhance a continuously improving process for test efficiency and coverage. This role will challenge the skills of the successful applicant who will be required to work with the QA Testers, Developers and Project Managers as part of a team developing, reviewing and executing test plans in an agile environment to ensure quality of the delivered products.
The role will report to the Head of Digital Services and work as part of a team which is responsible for the quality of our products. This includes definition, creation, maintenance, automation and execution of test plans, test cases, test scripts and its associated data.
The successful candidate will be an experienced tester with the willingness to learn new systems and ability to work with remote test and development resources. You will be comfortable dealing with both business and technical teams and have strong communication & documentation skills.
- Prepare, execute and document test cases based on business & functional requirements to ensure thorough testing of requirements in a fast-paced agile environment
- Review, mentor and assign tasks to junior QA staff
- Review test cases written by peers to ensure that all requirements are covered in test case documentation
- Logging issues on defect tracking system, reporting the issue to the developers and following it up to ensure that corrective action is taken
- Re-testing bugs to confirm that they have been corrected
- Regression Testing
- Reporting issues to management where these could have an impact on a major deadline.
- Adhere to and contribute to processes and procedures
- Any other duties, which may be assigned by the project manager/quality manager
- Bring a quality focus to product releases
- Experience Testing with different browser types against a Web UI
- Experience with a Defect Tracking system for creating, tracking and retesting of bug reports (JIRA)
- Have a customer mind-set and eye for detail with applications under test
- Experience in performance, load & stress testing.
- At least 4 years software testing experience throughout all phases of a software testing cycle
- Proven experience in QA Lead position is desirable
- ISTQB / ISEB qualifications
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Information Technology/Business/Software Engineering or comparable fields or relevant experience
- Experience with or exposure to test automation
- Quality focused with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to schedule tasks to manage time and priorities
- Self-motivated with the ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, with a drive and commitment to delivery
- Excellent analytical problem determination and solving skills
- Good time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience with test automation tools a distinct advantage
- Experience with performance/stress/load testing tools an advantage
- Experience with SQL a distinct advantage
- Experience working with geographically dispersed teams
- Experience of testing web-based applications
- Ability to travel and to facilitate onsite customer requirements
- Excellent communication skills in both written and verbal English
- Ability to interface with clients in a professional and efficient manner
- Excellent business process awareness
- Motivated self-starter with experience in a fast moving and fast scaling environment
- Quick learner of new technologies
- Excellent time management, organisation, presentation and prioritisation skills
- Open-minded, proactive self-motivated team member
What we Offer:
You will form part of a high-performance team, working together to deliver projects of national and international importance changing the way large Business and Governments work.
- Competitive Salary – market adjusted
- Continuous Professional Development
- Education Assistance Programme
- Company Pension
- Incremental Increases in Annual Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Annual Health Screening
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Ethical Employer
- Friendly, fast paced atmosphere
- International working environment in a growing company
- Work with innovative technologies & solutions
- Microsoft Dynamics & Personal development programmes
Why Join Our Team?
OpenSky is a dynamic, exciting place to work. We hire exceptional people, and every one of them is empowered to think independently, take initiative and be innovative in their job. We are committed to ensuring that our performance and reward strategies are designed to effectively support our employees at every opportunity and offers an excellent work-life balance.
At OpenSky our employees enjoy the creative, agile and meaningful work they do, the resources and technology they have access to and the benefits we offer. The projects we work on make a real difference, and that’s what makes us distinct in our industry. This very factor means that our employees get to work with the latest and emerging technologies.
We’ve built a truly unique culture here at OpenSky, where our employees are always learning, challenged with interesting projects and rewarded with fantastic benefits. We attract talented individuals from a wide range of cultural, geographic and educational backgrounds whom bring with them a rich variety of skills and experiences.
Our plan is simple; we hire the best people whom possess the skills, talent, expertise, experience and motivation that we require and when we find them, we help them grow, develop and achieve their goals.
The values we share help us to thrive and succeed, both as individuals and as a team. If you share those values, you’ll fit right in!
Apply for This Vacancy...
Some of Our Customers
We have transformed hundreds of large enterprise businesses in Ireland & the UK. Within transport, waste, housing, health and pharmaceuticals, our systems impact 2.5m people every day & manage 100m digital transactions every month.
Where We Work
We seek out customers who are as ambitious as us in using technology to make life easier. We provide customised automated solutions to them - bringing their business a multitide of operational & cost benefits.
Our Directors & Senior Management Team operate from our Head Office in Kildare, Ireland. Working together, they oversee our organisational strategy, brand, investments, innovations and priorities. Approximately 80% of our workforce, work from our Head Office.
Our International Offices are located in Poznan & Katowice in Poland and Karnataka in India. These teams comprise of technical experts who collaborate and code on projects every day and who are completely invested in seeing projects succeed.
Our Sector Success
Working with Enterprise organisations within Transport, Waste, Housing, Health, FMCG, Retail & Pharmaceuticals, we focus on the strategic use of technology to improve operational efficiencies and ROI as well as looking for ways to leverage solutions to create new revenue streams or enhance existing ones.