Apply - Senior QA Tester
Location: Naas, Co Kildare
OpenSky is a European challenger brand to the large global software consultancies, delivering innovation across Government, Transport, Environment and Health sectors in the Ireland and the UK.
Due to business growth, OpenSky has a new role for a Senior QA Tester based in our Naas, Co Kildare headquarters on a permanent basis. This an excellent opportunity for an experienced professional to utilise their skills and experience in an international working environment working with innovative technologies and solutions. You will form part of a high-performance team, working together to deliver projects of national and international importance changing the way large Business and Governments work.
The responsibilities of this role include the following:
- Generate test data, create, and execute test cases and report output
- Provide comparison of expected results with actual results
- Report test progress to Project Managers
- Demonstrate flexibility and ‘can do' attitude in completing assigned tasks
- Produce high quality output documentation
- Accurate reporting of progress
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude and own the quality of the product through the full
software development lifecycle
- Third-level Degree within an IT discipline
- Minimum 3 years software testing experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working collaboratively with BA and Dev team
- Genuine desire to develop a software testing career
- Experience of automation
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of regression testing
- Ability to work across a number of applications
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience using Jira
- Experience in any of the following:
- mobile testing
- performance testing
- usability testing
- Customer-facing experience
- Experience with automation software/methodologies
- ISTQB Foundation Tester certification or equivalent
What We Offer:
- Competitive Salary – market adjusted
- Continuous Professional Development
- Education Assistance Programme
- Company Pension
- Incremental Increases in Annual Leave
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Annual Health Screening
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Ethical Employer
- International working environment in a growing company
- Work with innovative technologies & solutions
- Microsoft Technologies & Personal development programmes
Why Join Our Team?
OpenSky is a dynamic, exciting place to work. We hire exceptional people, and every one of them is empowered to think independently, take initiative and be innovative in their job. We are committed to ensuring that our performance and reward strategies are designed to effectively support our employees at every opportunity and offers an excellent work-life balance.
At OpenSky our employees enjoy the creative, agile and meaningful work they do, the resources and technology they have access to and the benefits we offer. The projects we work on make a real difference, and that’s what makes us distinct in our industry. This very factor means that our employees get to work with the latest and emerging technologies. We’ve built a truly unique culture here at OpenSky, where our employees are always learning, challenged with interesting projects and rewarded with fantastic benefits.
We attract talented individuals from a wide range of cultural, geographic and educational backgrounds whom bring with them a rich variety of skills and experiences. Our plan is simple; we hire the best people whom possess the skills, talent, expertise, experience and motivation that we require and when we find them, we help them grow, develop and achieve their goals. The values we share help us to thrive and succeed, both as individuals and as a team. If you share those values, you’ll fit right in!
Apply for This Vacancy...
Some of Our Customers
We have transformed hundreds of large enterprise businesses in Ireland & the UK. Within transport, waste, housing, health and pharmaceuticals, our systems impact 2.5m people every day & manage 100m digital transactions every month.
Where We Work
We seek out customers who are as ambitious as us in using technology to make life easier. We provide customised automated solutions to them - bringing their business a multitide of operational & cost benefits.
Our Directors & Senior Management Team operate from our Head Office in Kildare, Ireland. Working together, they oversee our organisational strategy, brand, investments, innovations and priorities. Approximately 80% of our workforce, work from our Head Office.
Our International Offices are located in Poznan & Katowice in Poland and Karnataka in India. These teams comprise of technical experts who collaborate and code on projects every day and who are completely invested in seeing projects succeed.
Our Sector Success
Working with Enterprise organisations within Transport, Waste, Housing, Health, FMCG, Retail & Pharmaceuticals, we focus on the strategic use of technology to improve operational efficiencies and ROI as well as looking for ways to leverage solutions to create new revenue streams or enhance existing ones.