Apply - Solution Architect (Permanent)
Location: Katowice or Poznan, Poland
OpenSky is a European challenger brand to the large global software consultancies, delivering innovation across Government, Transport and Environment sectors in the UK and Ireland. We operate in Poland since 2009, working from two offices, in Katowice and Poznań and our headquarter is located in Naas, Ireland.
Due to business growth, we are now searching for an experienced Team Lead who understands business objectives and brings them to the team members, who understands the commercial objectives and who is able to align these with technical planning.
We are a unique and creative organization who deliver technology expertise through a “business first” focus, properly applying technology excellence by understanding and matching our client’s business.
As the Solution Architect you will be responsible for a variety of tasks including:
- Contribution to company strategy in terms of technology & skills needed to grow a successful modern applications practice
- Development and implementation of successful project architectures & monitoring of compliance from development teams to technical/architectural standards
- Collaboration with team leads and practice leads to share learnings and improve overall quality and throughput across all practices
- Liaising with Senior management team to establish development and operational priorities, e.g.:
- Advising both Digital Services and Enterprise Support Services on skill needs and contribution to hiring plans
- Continuous improvement on Development & Operational processes, advising and implementation of agreed process strategies
- Advising and contribution to continuous improvement of existing staff technology/process skills
- Close collaboration with the sales teams (Account sales and New Business sales) to ensure correct balance, i.e.:
- Ensuring a competitive bid can be put forward, that will be strong in the face of competing bids
- Management of the balance between available budget and ideal technological solution
- Working with account managers with existing customers advising on proposals, reviewing SRS (from a design perspective - making sure we are not proposing something very difficult to deliver), overseeing estimates and costings and assisting in closing sales in a timely manner
- Assistance to account management team in persuading existing customers to
modernize their assets in line with best practices
- Experience - 3+ years on a similar position
- Experience in planning and developing System/Development Architecture
- Strong independence and with ownership
- Experience with developing larger-scale applications
- Ability to work across multiple projects when required
- Among others, practical knowledge of the following technologies:
- C#: .NET, .NET Core, ASP.NET, WCF, Rest Api
- Entity Framework, Entity Framework Core
- Microsoft SQL Server, Blob Storage
- Message Queues (Azure Service Bus/RabbitMQ/etc.),
- IIS, Azure, Docker
- Azure DevOps
- Strong understanding on how to develop secure and scalable systems
- Previous experience as a part of a development team
- The following team skills:
- Advanced verbal communication skills (in mother tongue but also in English)
- Advanced writing skills (in mother tongue but also in English - in terms of mail responses, tech documentation)
- Ability to be part of Customer calls and express ideas, make presentations, etc.
- Mentor for younger colleagues
Nice to have:
- Sprint by sprint solution architecture guidance to the Team
- Ability to implement architecture solutions within Front and Back End area
- Working experience in continuous integration, package/internal components/libraries management, Azure configuration and automatization
- Readiness to liaise on daily basis with customer IT Teams (i.e. Infrastructure, Security)
You will form part of a high-performance team, working together to deliver projects of national
and international importance changing the way large Business and Governments work.
- Competitive salary – market adjusted
- Continuous Professional Development
- Shared costs of sports activities (Multisport card)
- Shared costs of private medical care
- Life insurance
- Integration events
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Ethical Employer
- Friendly, fast paced atmosphere
- International working environment in a growing company
- Work with innovative technologies & solutions
- Personal development program
Why Join Our Team?
OpenSky is a dynamic, exciting place to work. We hire exceptional people, and every one of them is empowered to think independently, take initiative and be innovative in their job. We are committed to ensuring that our performance and reward strategies are designed to effectively support our employees at every opportunity and offers an excellent work-life balance.
At OpenSky our employees enjoy the creative, agile and meaningful work they do, the resources and technology they have access to and the benefits we offer. The projects we work on make a real difference, and that’s what makes us distinct in our industry. This very factor means that our employees get to work with the latest and emerging technologies. We’ve built a truly unique culture here at OpenSky, where our employees are always learning, challenged with interesting projects and rewarded with fantastic benefits.
We attract talented individuals from a wide range of cultural, geographic and educational backgrounds whom bring with them a rich variety of skills and experiences. Our plan is simple; we hire the best people whom possess the skills, talent, expertise, experience and motivation that we require and when we find them, we help them grow, develop and achieve their goals. The values we share help us to thrive and succeed, both as individuals and as a team. If you share those values, you’ll fit right in!
Apply for This Vacancy...
Some of Our Customers
We have transformed hundreds of large enterprise businesses in Ireland & the UK. Within transport, waste, housing, health and pharmaceuticals, our systems impact 2.5m people every day & manage 100m digital transactions every month.
Where We Work
We seek out customers who are as ambitious as us in using technology to make life easier. We provide customised automated solutions to them - bringing their business a multitide of operational & cost benefits.
Our Directors & Senior Management Team operate from our Head Office in Kildare, Ireland. Working together, they oversee our organisational strategy, brand, investments, innovations and priorities. Approximately 80% of our workforce, work from our Head Office.
Our International Offices are located in Poznan & Katowice in Poland and Karnataka in India. These teams comprise of technical experts who collaborate and code on projects every day and who are completely invested in seeing projects succeed.
Our Sector Success
Working with Enterprise organisations within Transport, Waste, Housing, Health, FMCG, Retail & Pharmaceuticals, we focus on the strategic use of technology to improve operational efficiencies and ROI as well as looking for ways to leverage solutions to create new revenue streams or enhance existing ones.